Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Teachers
All the teachers are expected know and follow the outline code of conduct for their profession.
- Professional accountability :
- A teacher should dedicate himself in sincerely implementing Government-policies affecting education.
- A Teacher should not engage in any activities which brings the profession to disrepute.
- He/ She should devote few working hour to the vocation and if needed should be prepared to work for the betterment of the institution.
- Commitment to Colleagues :
- All colleagues are to be treated as professionally equal, regardless of their status.
- A teacher should respect the functional superiority of those set in authority over you.
- Commitment to students :
- in fulfilling one’s obligation to students:
- A teacher should be sincere, dedicated and academically focused.
- Encourage students to think critically and maintain the institutional discipline.
- A teacher should adopt a humane approach in dealing with students who are physically challenged.
- Inculcate a feeling of pride among students for their institution.
- Commitment to community:
- The teaching vocation occupies position of public trust-
- A teacher should set an example for the community with his intellectual deliberations and maintenance of highest ethical principal.
- He/ She should have an impartial view on any issue that concerns the interest of the community as a whole.
- He should honor diversity of various sorts and work with dedication to spread the message of tolerance and harmony.
- Code of Conduct for Student
- Every student has to strictly follow the code of conduct framed by the college authority:
- Ragging and eve-teasing are forbidden by the law. The Hon’ble Supreme Court has ruled out that ragging is a criminal offence.
- Without wearing the college uniform, none of the student is allowed to enter in the college premises.
- Destroying the College Property, furniture, buildings, labs, defacing wall are serious offences.
- Students are forbidden to sit on the steps.
- The corridors of building, library block, verandah in front of the classrooms are not meant for assembling and chatting. Please treat them as silent zone.
- Indiscipline should not be indulged by unruly behaviour.
- No student is allowed to loiter outside the classroom or anywhere in the college premises during class hours. (In case any teacher is absent, the students are advised to spend the time in the library or in the common room).
- Violence, grouping, class clashes etc., should not be encouraged by the students.
- Outsiders are strictly prohibited inside the college premises during college hours. However, In case of urgent business, prior permission of the Principal must be taken.
- Smoking, taking drugs, alcoholic drinks, carrying of lethal weapons and bursting crackers are not allowed inside the college premises.
- Identity Card should be carried by the students always.
- Students must maintain decent and cordial relationship with the faculty and staff and amongst themselves.
- Do not stick any poster or scribble anything on the walls of the college building.
- Do not adopt malpractices in the examination hall.
- Maintain the sanctity of a co-educational college.
Please Note : Students flouting the above rules will be suspended immediately and if found guilty, after due inquiry, will be dismissed from the college. The college, though not responsible for the conduct of the students outside the college premises will take cognizance of any serious misconduct.