College library is a fundamental requirement for successful execution of qiality higher education programmes of the institution. The central library of chaprabangaljhimahavidyalaya supports the teaching-learning activity in the college and also plays an important role in search of knowledge. Alongside the central library, every department has departmental libraries enabling students and teachers a quick access of the books. The central library is situated in the college campus in a separate building. It occupies 2160 sq.ft. And can accommadate around 40 student in the reading room. In the 3rd floor of the library there is a pev, occupying 375 sq.ft., a dedicated room for persons intending to do research work. The room has a secluded environment with an open courtyard and a small garden to ensure an atmosphere needed for research studies.
FEATURES OF OUR COLLEGE LIBRARY:
- a digital catalogue (with the help of koha acquisition) is there in the library to help the students find out the books easily they require.
- each book has an access and call number.
- free wi-fi is a available in the library premises.
- the library premises are under cctv surveillance for monitoring purpose.
- meetings are held by the library committee at regular interval to address and solve various problems regarding library.
- regular purchese of book as recommended by different department.
- fire extinguishers have been installed in the library premises for ensuring the safety of the library books.
LIBRARY TIMINGS: MONDAY TO SATURDAY – 10.00 AM TO 5.00 PM
- only members with valid library card are allowed to borrow books.
- students have to show their identity card for using reading room.
- on entering the reading room every user has to write his/her name in full with arrival and departure time in a particular register.
- silence must be maintained in the library.
- before entering the reading roomall the personal belongings must be kept outside the library.
- using mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the library.
NUMBER OF BOOKS ALLOWED TO MEMBERS:
Students: 1 book for 7 days
Teachers: 5 book for 3 months
Non-teaching staff: 2 books for 7days
For reissuing any book the borrower has to show the book in the library.
Magazines and journals are not allowed for home issue.
Rupees 1/- (one) per day is fined for late returning of the library books by the students.
In case of loss of any borrowed book the borrower has to pay the current price of the book.